Tickets on Sale Today for Verizon Wireless’ How Sweet the Sound
This summer, Gospel music fans can purchase tickets to watch the top church choirs from the Oakland-area compete in the regional round of How Sweet the Sound™ presented by Verizon Wireless. The national search for “The Best Church Choir in America” makes its stop in Oakland at ORACLE Arena on Saturday, October 10, 2009.
Choirs participating in the Oakland event will compete for the title of best choir in Oakland and cash prizes of up to $15,000. The winning choir from the Oakland performance will also have an opportunity to represent Oakland in the How Sweet the Sound grand finale event. Tickets to the concert at ORACLE Arena are $7 for floor seats and $5 for lower- and upper-tier seats.
For more information on purchasing tickets, visit www.HowSweetTheSound.com or visit the Web site for ORACLE Arena at www.oraclearena.com.
2009 How Sweet the Sound Oakland Finalists
After reviewing all of the audition tapes submitted by church choirs around the city, the top church choirs were selected by a panel of judges which included Clifford Brown from KDIA-AM/KDYA-FM and Elvin Ross, Gospel music professional, to compete in the concert in Oakland:
Few Voices Category:
- The Pentecostals Of The Bay Area, United Pentecostal Church
- Apostolic Community Life Choir, Apostolic Community Life Center
- Mt. Zion-Sound of Zion, Mt. Zion Assemblies
- Voices of Victory, Abundant Life Ministries, WLAC
Many Voices Category:
- Angelic Voices of Deliverance Center Choir, East Oakland Faith Deliverance Center
- Genesis Worship Center Choir, Genesis Worship Center
- East Bay Church Of Religious Science International Choir, East Bay Church of Religious Science
- Jubilee Christian Center Choir, Jubilee Christian Center
Details about How Sweet the Sound, including schedules, judging criteria and the official event rules are available online at www.HowSweetTheSound.com
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.