- This event has passed.
You Are Not Alone – African American Family Support Group
June 20, 2020 @ 2:15 pm - 5:30 pm
You Are Invited to Join the African American Family Support Group for an on-line meeting with featured speakers:
- STEPHANIE LEWIS, LMFT, Division Director, Crisis Services for Alameda County Behavioral Health on “What Do You Do and Who Do You Call When Trouble is Brewing on the Home Front?”
- Psychiatrist DR. LESTER LOVE on “The Souls of Black Folks: The Intersection of Race, Psychiatry, Medicine, and Pharmacology”
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- The Impact of Race and Racism on Psychiatric Diagnosis and Treatment;
- Two Major Medical Conditions Disproportionately Affecting African American Patients with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness; and
- Myths About Substance Use Disorders, African Americans and Psychiatric conditions.
- If time permits — The Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) — a Training for Family and Friends of Those with Serious and Persistent Illness.
Register Today: FREE | Link
Faith in the Bay is not responsible for event cancellations or lineup changes. To submit your event for the community calendar, please visit http://bit.ly/2P2HXqG