Faith-rooted economics is a training series for leaders based on a vision of a new equitable economy. It is rooted in our deepest faith commitments, where values influence policy and alliances are built to take concrete actions for change.
The 6-part faith-rooted economics training is presented by CLUE-CA (Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice) and the FAITHS Program of The San Francisco Foundation.
What will I get out of it?
- An exciting learning experience with participatory popular education methods
- Tools to engage on issues you face in your economic justice work
- A deeper understanding of the religious principles of fairness, equity, sustainability, and justice in the economy
- Advocacy and economic development steps for your community as part of a Bay Area-wide plan for action
- April 18: Faith-rooted Values & Wealth Inequality: A New Housing and Tax Policy. 6-9pm.
- May 2: The Role of Governments: Budgets as Moral Documents. 6-9pm.
- May 16: The Economics of Immigration. 6-9pm.
- May 30: The Racial Divide — Globally and In Our Communities. 6-9pm.
- June 13: A Vision for Jobs in the New Economy. 6-9pm.
- June 27: Building a Bay Area Advocacy Plan for Economic Justice. 6-9pm.
IMPORTANT — HOW TO REGISTER:
- Visit the registration website http://faithrootedeconomics.eventbrite.com/ and enter the password: FAITH
- Enter an Amount (enter $2 – $60).
- Click the RED Show other payment options, then click the GRAY Pay Offline button. If you want to pay now by credit card, click the GREEN Order now button instead of the RED payment options. Note a slight fee is added by the system.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Select the GREEN Pay By Check or the Green Pay at the Door, whichever you prefer.