Easter Seals Bay Area (ESBA) hosts their yearly fundraising event with musical performance by Grammy-award winner and TV star, Brandy Norwood, who leaves San Francisco headed to Broadway for her star turn as “Roxie Hart” in the long-running hit, Chicago the Musical.The Easter Seals Spring Gala (April 25) is the local organization’s signature black-tie fundraiser to raise awareness and support for life-changing work with children and adults challenged by disabilities and special needs. These efforts enrich lives in all aspects as well as development to full potential and expanded independence. The formal affair includes a hosted cocktail reception, silent auction, gourmet dinner, and special remarks by families who benefit from ESBA services.
Easter Seals Bay Area serves 24 counties in Northern California (all 9 Bay Area counties and 15 northern California counties), and is an affiliate of Easter Seals Inc., which assists more than a million people through a nationwide network of affiliates in the United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- Approximately 1% of the world population has autism spectrum disorder
- Prevalence in the United States is estimated at 1 in 68 births
- Prevalence of autism in U.S. children increased by 119.4 % from 2000 (1 in 150) to 2010 (1 in 68)
- Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability
Financially, it has been reported that Autism services cost U.S. citizens $236-262 billion, annually
For more than 85 years, Easter Seals Bay Area has been leading the way to ensure individuals and families affected by disabilities can live, learn, work, and play to their full potential. Easter Seals Bay Area has a specific expertise in providing services for individuals and families affected by autism, including consultation, early intervention, school-based, social skills and therapeutic services. The organization also runs the highly-regarded Kaleidoscope After-School program in the Tri-Valley area for youth ages 5 to 22 with disabilities and developmental delays. Easter Seals Bay Area is especially focused on individuals and families in the Bay Area affected by autism.
Easter Seals Bay Area is the leading provider of the following programs and services:Behavioral Health Services, Early Intervention, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Kaleidoscope Program.
The annual fundraising event is organized by a dedicated group of volunteers and corporate partners who serve on the Easter Seals Bay Area Northern California Alliance. Board members are varied including professionals in retail, manufacturers, brokers, vendors and business leaders who volunteer their time and resources to support the ESBA’s mission.
A significant portion of funds raised at the Spring Gala is generated through live and silent auction items.
Someone is going home with Super Bowl 50 tickets; someone is going home with Broadway tickets (courtesy of Talk2SV) to see Brandy star as “Roxie Hart” in Chicago the Musical.
Additional auction items include:
- Samuel Adams Brewery Tour in Boston including dinner, 3-night hotel stay and airfare
- Del Mar Racetrack Experience, Turf Club seating, 3-night La Jolla hotel spa and airfare
- Cabo San Lucas Ocean View Getaway, 4-night hotel and airfare
- Classic Wrigley Field Rooftop Experience
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Ski Getaway
- Beachside Bloomingdale’s Shopping Spree
- Charleston Luxury Getaway
- Exotic Supercar Driving Experience
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico
- Lake Tahoe Weekend Getaway
Spring Gala Tickets Available:https://support.esba.org/san-francisco/events/easter-seals-bay-area-17th-annual-spring-gala-tickets/e37586